This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

ARE THE OPP UNFAIR TO CANCER SURVIVORS IN THEIR MIDST?



Surprisingly I can't find this article on line in order to give a link to it. It is a surprisingly large and detailed article titled "Cancer survivor says OPP was unfair"and was published this past Monday (Nov. 10) in the Waterloo Region Record. The complainant is seeking a human rights hearing because he feels there was not adequate accomodation made for him after extremely serious and major cancer surgery. After reading the story it certainly does appear that his superiors were trying to get him to quit by rushing him back into front line duties with the OPP. Frankly based upon the description of the surgery it really makes no sense whatsoever to have insisted that he be back on patrol even if it was mostly patrol from a car. His surgery has resulted in significant weakness in his leg which often leaves him unbalanced and prone to falls. He felt that office duties were much more appropriate after his surgery. Mr. Flameling makes reference to a culture that may have been acceptable in the 60's but is certainly not nowadays.

3 comments:

  1. Alan how do I get in touch with you ? Concerned citizen ! I emailed one of your friends and left my contact no# .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: A friend should have passed that info on to me but hasn't. Can you tell me the first name and first initial of the last name please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: So how about a hint as to what you wish to chat about? Or check the Elmira, Ontario phonebook for AB Marshall.

    ReplyDelete