This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, December 8, 2014

GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION WORLDWIDE



Last Thursday's Waterloo Region Record carried this story "Haunted 30 years after Bhopal disaster". It is a report upon the lack of accountability by both private industry and the Indian government which allegedly were protecting their citizens both before and after the Bhopal disaster. While the extent of deaths, injuries and victimization of following generations becomes clearer, the medical and financial assistance has not kept up. Victims are essentially blocked from help from Union Carbide or Dow due to their own government's mishandling of the situation. Deaths ran to 15,000 while injuries and generational effects are closer to 500,000. In one sense it makes government culpability in Elmira, Ontario look small compared to what occurred in Bhopal.

No comments:

Post a Comment