This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, December 19, 2014

ROBOCALLS AND NOW THIS



The November 22/14 Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "Hamilton Tory admits trying to vote twice in last federal election". Is it merely coincidence that Robocalls was a Conservative party fraud and now we have a former president of the Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale provincial Conservative Association trying to vote twice in the last federal election? Or is this just S.O.P. for Conservatives wherever they can get away with it?

Bryan Vanderkruk apparently felt that if voting in an advance poll on April 23, 2011 was good then voting again on the day of the federal election (May 2, 2011) was even better. Fortunately he got caught and rather than be charged with a criminal offense he has been let go after agreeing to sign a declaration of his voting misdeeds. These "compliance agreements" are voluntary deals with the Commissioner of Canada Elections and avoids a criminal charge and conviction.

I just wish I had confidence that this individual has learned his lesson here. I also hope that his name is flagged for careful scrutiny at future elections. If he abides by the agreement and doesn't repeat his deed then the leniency shown him will not have been wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment