This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

PRIVATE INDUSTRY LOBBYS (THREATENS) MUNICIPAL COUNCILS



Here in Woolwich Township we've just received confirmation of Chemtura Canada meeting privately with our new Mayor for a little "chat". As we have known for the last 3-4 months Chemtura are very unhappy campers. Afterall they've long played ball with their regulator the Ontario Ministry of the Environment. Hence everything else is just a smokescreen and public relations. Being able to say that they meet with the public in a monthly open forum gives the impression that they are open and transparent. What a joke.

It must have been a shock to their delicate feelings to learn that the public advisory committee sees right through them. High priced consultants spewing forth nonsense on an ongoing basis worked with the last CPAC headed by Pat McLean and Susan Bryant. It would not surprise me if our new Mayor has already sold the farm in its'entirety. That she would give any credence whatsoever to Chemtura and the M.O.E.'s neverending drivel and lies is disappointing. Regardless she will go through a "process" designed to pretend a certain objectivity. This is similar to the "process" I went through back in 2008 with Woolwich Council regarding my getting booted from CPAC. It was a done deal what with Mayor Strauss, Murray Martin and Sandy Shantz but they needed to pretend to themselves at least that they were being objective and reasonable. Not even close.

CPAC have treated Chemtura and the M.O.E. with far more respect and courtesy than they deserve. I too have held my tongue on numerous occasions when I felt like just blasting them for their stupidity, stubborness and blatant lying. Apparently for ignorant or biased local polticians it's all about offending the most powerful the least. To hell with the public interest just don't offend "big shots". Maybe they've threatened to leave town and blame it on the Mayor. Personally I expect that they will leave during this Mayor's term and her treatment of them is irrelevant. It will be a head office corporate decision. Everyrthing else is smoke and mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment