This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

FORMER WOOLWICH MAYOR CHARGED WITH FRAUD, BREECH OF TRUST



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following story titled "Former Woolwich mayor charged with fraud". Todd Cowan has claimed a lack of expertise in accounting matters but apparently the O.P.P. and Crown aren't buying that. One thing going against the mayor's word is that he is a liar. This I have personal knowledge of regarding statements he has made to me regarding others as well as statements he has made to past council members about myself. Therefore admittedly I am hardly unbiased in this most recent matter of criminal charges.

That said I am of the view that these charges are "piling on" especially in light of the fact that he has paid back $2,700 of the undisputed $3,200 he double expensed. He lost the election and his mayor's seat over the scandal and quite frankly his name is mud. I am doubtful that even if he is convicted of fraud and or of breech of trust that any significant punishment is either due or appropriate. Being a liar is not a criminal offence and if it was 98% of all politicians would have criminal records. Todd is one of the few cases of ethically challenged politicians quickly receiving their due. Point is he's already received his due.

No comments:

Post a Comment