This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

OBERLANDER'S DAUGHTER RESPONDS



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following opinion piece from Irene Rooney titled "Don't hold my father responsible for Nazi crimes". It is an excellent article more inclined towards the factual and less towards the emotional. All things considered that is quite amazing considering her relationship to Helmut Oberlander. Mr. Oberlander's affidavit to the Judge I believe makes for compelling reading unless of course one's mind has been made up long ago. That seems to be the case for many of those who's friends and family perished at the hands of the Nazis. That said painting everybody with the same brush is not justified. There were lots of true believers undoubtedly and many more who were just trying to get through the war alive. Read Irene rooney's article slowly and carefully and see if you still think a 17 year old conscript, without authority is a war criminal by any stretch of the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment