This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, February 13, 2015

POLITICS & POLITICIANS ARE A DIRTY BUSINESS



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story by Martin Regg Cohn titled "Ontario politics being polluted by money". The only surprise for me was how much money you are legally permitted to use to bribe and buy influence in this province. I always figured there were a hundred ways to do it under the table, but hey why bother under the table when above it is all legal. What a province. The details are in this article but it's all about patronage politics and expecting and receiving legislative perks in exchange for your "donations". Gad and to think some people still think that laws are made in the public interest. Such crap. They are made to benefit those who have ponied up appropriate amounts of money. Why are any of us sur[prised when the odd ethical scandal comes along. You can't buy and sell influence and favours without eventually becoming totally corrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment