This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

SO REGIONAL POLITICIANS HAVE LIED ABOUT THE LRT?



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Opinion Piece by Peter Shawn taylor titled "Region's champagne taste in transit doesn't come free". Apparently studies done by a provincial transit body (Metrolinx) determined that the Region of Waterloo's proposed Light Rail Transit system simply could not pass a cost-benfit analysis and that is why the Region are not getting full funding for it. This is contrary of course to Hamilton, Mississauga and Toronto that are being paid for by higher tiers of government namely provincial and federal.

According to Peter Shawn Taylor "We chose the most expensive transit option on offer. Now we're paying for it. If That's an outrage, it's entirely self-inflicted.".

No comments:

Post a Comment