This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

ONE MORE WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE OFFICER LET GO



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Officer resigns after commission dismisses appeal". There are a number of things about this case that I find unclear. That should not be the situation when allegedly he is being fired in order to maintain the public's confidence in the force. That in itself is quite a claim as I have no doubt that there are literally many thousands of people in Waterloo Region including myself who at the very least have serious concerns about how our police are being run.

As I read the article the officer was fired, then he quit and finally he lost his appeal to the Ontario Civilian Police Commission (OCPC?). Does one in ten Waterloo Region residents have a clue as to who this body (OCPC) might be, their mandate, authority etc.? I thought so.

Apparently he brought a report on the drug investigation to his friend who had been arrested and was behind bars. For me that report is somewhat crucial to the following series of events. Was that report a document that was going to be released through the process of discovery to the accused anyways or did it have some sort of appropriate confidential information in it? Is there appropriate confidential information on an investigation in which an individual has been charged or does it all eventually have to be shared? This information should have been made clearer so that the public can judge for themselves whether this dismissal was indeed in the public interest or is it just posturing and politicking going on in the police bureaucracy?

No comments:

Post a Comment