This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

UNPAID TRAFFIC TICKETS



Well todays Editorial by the Record staff is one of the worst I've ever read. The title in the Waterloo Region Record is "Tell the scofflaws to pay up". My response is go fuch yourself. Besides "scofflaws", words such as reckless, threatening, unsafe, dangerous and defiant are used in this Editorial. Really? Undoubtedly in any large group of people you will find the odd deviant. However if the record had been paying attention recently, including reading their own columnists, they would know that studies have shown that very few accidents are caused solely by driving above the speed limit. Drunken driving and most interestingly distracted driving are the main culprits. In other words the majority of persons causing accidents on our roads aren't speeding. Unfortunately they also aren't paying attention. The vast majority of speeding tickets are all about revenue generation with a side order of red herring involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment