This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

AND YET ANOTHER ROYAL JUDICIAL SCREWUP



More kudos to Judge Peter Hambly who would not roll over and allow two lawyers to hijack the trial and sentencing of a drunk driver who killed a young boy. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled ""A mistake has been made " judge says". There was also an article on this matter last Tuesday in the Record titled "Miffed Kitchener judge blasts drunk-driving plea bargain again". A Mr.Jeremy Glenfield allegedly sped drunk through a stop sign, hitting a car and killing a child inside.

There was even evidence that after Judge Hambly said no that the two lawyers (defence & prosecution) teamed up in what Justice James Turnbull referred to as a public perception being made of "unseemly judge shopping". The judge being shopped for allegedly was Judge Patrick Flynn. According to Judge Hambly there was ample evidence to convict Mr. Glenfield for drunk driving and more. Yes I would agree that this case gives the public a peek into what passes for justice in this country. Money apparently can even buy inappropriate plea bargains if we can believe Judge Hambly.

No comments:

Post a Comment