This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

BRESLAU RESIDENTS HAVE WOOLWICH COUNCIL UNDER FIRE



The Woolwich Observer's Editorial a week ago Saturday was titled "Breslau residents right to question township process". Editor Steve Kannon lays it down very clearly when he says "It shouldn't matter one way or the other to council and bureaucrats: they are simply the agents of the public's will." The project involved is in regards to selling part of their park in exchange for various upgrades, to the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. Steve then adds regarding bureaucrats and politicians being agents of the public's will the following : "Of course that sentiment is almost as big a pipedream as believing that bureaucrats will be completely diligent and nuetral, especially with a pet project.". It is discouraging this thing they optimistically call democracy. Allegedly it's better than all the alternatives. Sometimes that's very hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment