This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, April 24, 2015

OMAR KHADR GRANTED BAIL



Never have I had more pride in a Judge and less in our Federal government. A fifteen year old Canadian citizen has now been incarcerated for thirteen years after allegedly throwing a hand grenade after he was grieviously wounded in an attack by U.S. forces. A Canadian judge feels that bail is appropriate while the appeal of his convictions in a thinly disguised, U.S. miltary court proceeds.

Tomorrows Waterloo Region Record carrys the story titled "Alberta judge grants Omar Khadr bail pending appeal". This ongoing shameful behaviour of our federal Conservatives will go down in history as crass political manoeuvering both nationally and internationally. Their wish to appeal is all about the Conservative party assurring that they remain the biggest friends of the United Staes government down the road. Domestically it's about blatant racism by both name and appearance as the Tories tap into the immigrant backlash. Shame on them and all Canadians who buy into torturing at worst child soldiers and at best a fifteen year old who survived a U.S. attack when all others died.

No comments:

Post a Comment