This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, May 29, 2015

COMMON ELEMENTS IN POLICE SHOOTING VICTIMS



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Guelph agency to honour victim in police shooting". The victim was Brandon Duncan and he suffered from mental illness, addiction and Crohn's disease. He had been living on the streets off and on for fifteen years and was known at a downtown agency which serves local homeless and marginalized residents. Sakura Saunders a local political activist is planning a protest at an upcoming Guelph Police Services Board meeting. She also referred to a number of recent fatal shootings of persons with various disorders and difficulties by Toronto police.

No comments:

Post a Comment