This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

PROVINCE SAVING MONEY WHILE RISKING LIVES?



Apparently that's exactly what they are doing according to the following April 30/15 article in the Waterloo Region Record titled "Province went cheap on winter roads". The Auditor General stated "Ontario saved money on the winter maintenance of provincial highways over the last five years, but at a cost that included greater delays in clearing highways so that they were safe to drive during and after a storm.". The average clearing time prior to 2009 was 2.1 hours but that average has increased to 4.7 hours by 2013-2014. Apparently some of the contracts for snow clearance actually went to contractors who didn't have the required equipment in order to fulfill their contracts. There was greater emphasis on the lowest bidder versus on the ability to do the job properly and quickly. I guess all the Liberal financial scandals and blunders have to be made up somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment