This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOLTEACHERS AT IT AGAIN



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Opinion article by Luisa D"Amato titled "Cancelled EQAO tests a loss of very valuable information". The timing by the teachers is certainly interesting. The first group of Ontario children to have the full effect of all day kindergarten are now in Grade 3 ready and waiting for their Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) testing. These results would certainly be valuable input into whether or not the very expensive idea of full day kindergarten is worthwhile or not. Of course the elementary teachers and their unions have decided that this where they'd most like to work to rule. Hence this grand experiment which some critics have pointed out was a welcome boost to the teachers' employment at the expense once again of all the rest of us; simply will not be validated or otherwise this time around as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment