This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, July 6, 2015

MECAC (Municipal Election Compliance Audit Committee) - SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT



It certainly gave every appearance of being a dog and pony show last Thursday in Woolwich Council Chambers. The mayor presented at the last minute a package of documents that while fascinating and interesting were grossly misrepresented as somehow properly resolving my request for a complaince audit. Her 28 pages were both inadequate and erroneous and in fact have led to further revelations regarding the mayor's Financial Statements that frankly appear to show her in a poor light. The two issues are the March 23/15 date that appears to be the date that the auditing firm were contacted/contracted. The fact that the Audit was completed on June 16/15, the very same day that I filed my Application for a Compliance Audit is also very strange. Are we to believe that the Mayor responded the same day that I filed my complaint, rewrote her eight page Financial Statement, submitted it to her accountant who then reviewed it carefully, got management approval to use their name (MAC LLP) signed and date it, all in the same day?

The second issue is the Municipal Elections Act 1996 which indicates that similar to the Mark Bauman case, our Mayor has forfeited her position. This is due to her failure to file an Auditor's Report by he filing deadline of March 27, 2015. Any excuses that she did not know the rules are out the door when one looks at the dates of June 16 and July 2/15. The first date is the date I filed my complaint indicating she needed an Audit as well as the same date that her Auditor filed his report approving her latest attempt to rectify her election expense report. Finally we have last Thursday July 2/15 when she submitted a revised Financial Statement and Auditor's Report confirming the accuracy of my complaint.

The Elections Act is unequivocal. If you fail to file either your Financial Statement or your Auditor's Report then you are automatically in breech of the Act and you forfeit your position AS PER SECTION 78 (1), 80 (1) AND 80 (2).

No comments:

Post a Comment