This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

PMOs OFFICE AFFECTED THE DUFFY EXPENSE AUDIT



The revelation in the above title has impacts here in Woolwich Township. While it was Deloitte who were being lobbied by Senator Gerstein on behalf of the PMOs office and Mike Duffy, here in Wolwich it is Froese Partners Inc. who have audited Councillor Scott hahn's election expense statements and found them wanting. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Wright admits anger, regret over Duffy payment".

To date there are no allegations that Froese have not done an excellent and honest job. The same can not be said for MECAC, the Municipal Election Compliance Audit Committee. They illegally accepted Mayor Shantz's second (or third) set of Financial Statements in order to exempt her from what should have been an automatic formal Compliance Audit. The concern of course for me and other citizens pushing for a Forensic Audit of mayor shantz is that apparently even these Forensic audits can be subject to manipulation by powerful, political interests. it is my guess that Regional officials leaned on MECAC to give Mayor Shantz a pass and if they've done it once could do so again with her as well as with Councillor Hahn.

No comments:

Post a Comment