This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

SHAME ON ONTARIO'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM



Today's Waterloo Region Record Editorial is disturbing. As if we didn't have enough reasons already to hold our entire judicial system in disrespect, now we learn this. The title of the Editorial is "Another view: Act quickly to protect the young". It seems that here in Ontario we don't think twice about putting youth as young as thirteen into solitary confinement for indefinite periods and without telling them ahead of time why they are being isolated. We all new the death of the young female inmate incarcerated in Kitchener's women prison several years ago was an unnecessary tragedy and a scandal. Now this. When will we learn as a scoiety that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely?

No comments:

Post a Comment