This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

MUNICIPAL POLITICS EVERY BIT AS CORRUPT AS PROVINCIAL AND FEDERAL



Having been solely focused on environmental matters both local and regional for two and a half decades I've missed an awful lot of the local political corruption. Finally the last few years I've been paid much more attention and dear Lord it is indeed pathetic. Keep in mind that corruption can be brown paper bags full of cash courtesy of Brian Mulroney or it can also be defined as "riddled with errrors". Either way our municipal politicians have long ago learned how to master lying to and deceiving the public.

Here in Woolwich Township we have the spectacle of the Township setting up the next MECAC (Municipal Election Compliance Audit Committee) public meeting on October 26, 2015. Yes yours truly is responsible for this meeting as I applied again for a Compliance /Forensic Audit of Mayor Shantz's election campaign finances. Of course before I did that I also had, after weeks of effort, managed to file an "information" at Superior Court which has resulted in ten Municipal Election Act charges being filed against Mayor Shantz.

Therefore while the mayor and Council sucessfully conspired to get her job back after it was automatically forfeited last July 8, nevertheless her Election Act contraventions continue to haunt her. One of these initiatives is via the corrupt MECAC process. I would like to think that it was not intentionally set up that way by the province but really who can say for sure?

Currently via the Township Clerk all the stops are being pulled out to improperly limit the scope of this hearing on October 26/15. It should be a very simple and appropriate decision following case law that indicates when contraventions have been not only been alleged but especially admitted to by the candidate then a Compliance Audit must follow. The mayor avoided this proper outcome last time on July 2/15 through incredibly blatant corruption both by herself and by MECAC. It included ambushing me with 30 pages of financial documents literally minutes prior to the hearing and allegedly also ambushing MECAC although I'm skeptical of that for very good reason. This includes her sworn statement to Superior Court weeks later that MECAC had received their copies three days prior to the hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment