This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

ANOTHER EMPLOYEE DEATH IN ONTARIO



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Company fined $70,000 in suffocation death of worker". An employee entered a grain bin just before noon in order to clear a blockage in an auger. The understanding was that the auger would be turned back on ten minutes later. By whom was not stated. At 4 pm. the company's president asked if anyone had seen the employee. An hour later the auger was stopped and another employee entered the grain bin where he found the plastic pipe that the first employee was using to clear the jam. Another hour later and emergency services were called. The dead employee's body was not found until 1 am. and his foot was caught in the auger. I find this whole situation as written to be astounding. It is difficult to understand how it took so long just to figure out that the emploee hadn't come out of the grain bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment