This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, November 9, 2015

CORONER'S INQUEST SEVEN YEARS LATER



The title should make all of us ask how the hell a dead seven year old, by violence, ends up taking seven years to get before a coroner's inquest. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Expert: Inquest will reveal failings of child protection". Does nobody believe that this was important enough to have ben done six or more years ago?

The step parents approved by child welfare authorities and the courts were sentenced in 2012 to life in prison with no chance for parole for fifteen years. The woman involved and given custody of the child had previous multiple convictions for violent crimes. Clearly our society failed this child and how many more in the intervening years?

No comments:

Post a Comment