This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

FORMER MAYOR TODD COWAN IN COURT OVER FRAUD & BREECH OF TRUST CHARGES



Hoo boy, I admit that I'm biased on this one. To know Todd is to recognize a first class liar. That said just like even paranoids have enemies; even liars can tell the truth sometimes. It's alleged he intentionally "stole" $3,200 by double expensing Woolwich Township and the Region of Waterloo for the same expenses. Right off the back that requires both incredible chutzpah if done intentionally plus incredible confidence in the stupidity and lack of accounting controls by both levels of government. Obviously one of those parties was being asked to pay expenses that weren't theirs to pay. The alternative to all this and the defence being used is that bookeeping isn't Todd's forte. Interesting admission for a former Mayor.

Also interesting is that a week from tomorrow our current mayor, Sandy Shantz, is due in court primarily for contraventions of the Municipal Elections Act. Whether a couple of her charges will be going towards criminal court I do not know. Most of her charges relate to obvious and admitted failures to properly include all her expenses and all her contributions (donations). That said there are a couple of tougher charges dealing with possibly knowingly submitting untrue, sworn Statements. We shall see how the Crown handles those in eight days.

Todd's trial continues tomorrow and probably Friday as well. His case hinges upon intent. Is he just stupid or is he an intentional petty thief? Despite my contempt for him I never really thought of him as being stupid. Todd's level of stupidity however, whichever way the Court rules is quite astounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment