This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

CORRUPTION INDEX: CANADA 8TH LEAST CORRUPT



Colour me skeptical. This group called Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index believe that Canada is the 8th least corrupt country and the United States the 16th least corrupt. Denmark is the least corrupt, perception wise, in the world for the second year in a row. Now many countries, third world or otherwise, democracies or otherwise, are indeed well down the list. Russia, Hungary, Poland, Turkey fare poorly on the list as "politicians and their cronies are increasingly hijacking state institutions to shore up power.".

I've got bad news folks. This is exactly what happens here in Canada and elsewhere. Politicians don't publicly advertise what their agendas are and what they are doing. They slowly subvert institutions from within. Friends and allys are appointed to key positions to be called upon when necessary to repay their appointments. I see it here provincially, federally and municipally. You don't absolutely require brown paper bags full of money to be corrupt. Even if you do we had a past Prime Minister caught in that position with a $300,000 donation from a German businessman. Did you see any politicians get charged or go to jail on that one? Of course not, this is Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment