This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING AT THE JUDICIAL LEVEL REGARDING MAYOR SHANTZ"S ELECTION EXPENSE CHARGES



Late October, early November, early December and then finally January 6, 2016 are all the court dates and adjournements for the ten Municipal Election Act (MEA) charges laid against Mayor Sandy Shantz. After this morning's appearance we now have a new date of February 24, 2016. This last adjournement was requested and granted for the purpose of allowing an outside prosecuter (Crown) to examine the ten MEA charges laid against mayor Shantz of Woolwich Township. Our local Crown suggested that this sending of the charges to an outside Crown was not due to any conflicts (of interest) but rather to ensure that it was apparent to all parties that justice was being done.

Overall I agree that sending this case to an outside prosecuter makes sense exactly in the same way that the Waterloo Regional Police sent Todd Cowan's Fraud & Breech of Trust charges to the O.P.P.. Afterall Todd like Mayor Shantz, was also a Regional Councillor and held a vote on things like police budgets etc. While I'm less cognizant of the financial (if any) relationships between the local courts and Regional Council; it still seems like a very good idea to me to send this case to an outside prosecuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment