This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

YET ANOTHER WATERLOO REGION POLICE OFFICER IN TROUBLE



What on earth is going on? Over the last four years I've been regularily posting here about various escapades, infractions and even alleged crimes by Waterloo's finest. Today in the Waterloo Region Record we have a very small article titled "Off-duty officer charged with assault". The details including his name are sparse but he has been charged with assault, mischief and making threats. He is an eleven year veteran who obviously should know better. Apparently besides the criminal charges there is also an internal police investigation underway.

On the one hand it is good to know that police do not get a free pass in regrads to these or hopefully any other kinds of inappropriate behaviour. That said I repeat my initial question. What on earth is going on? Of all the members of our society one would think that police officers would be the least likely to make very bad decisions and choices whether on or off duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment