This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, February 22, 2016

MOUNTIES "TOXIC" WORKPLACE



Apparently change from within the Mounties isn't going to happen. Both last Saturday and today's Waterloo Region Record have articles describing the toxic workplace that is our Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Aside from the moral and ethical considerations, how about the legal ones. This is an organization allegedly devoted to upholding the laws of the land. Apparently for them that doesn't include laws dealing with equitable treatment of women. The latest allegations are from CBC News reporting "allegations of unwanted sexual touching, bullying and rampant nudity in the workplace at the explosives training unit of the Canadian Police College in Ottawa".

"Rampant nudity in the wokplace..."??? Holy crap if I were involved in explosives training I tend to think that I'd be wearing more clothes not less. What the hell is going on here? Is this nudity perhaps in the barracks or living quarters attached to the workplace? Or is it literally as the article states "...in the workplace...?

Regardless the other allegations of bullying and unwanted sexual touching are just too close to what numerous women have been stating for years. The Mounties are an Old Boys Club who clearly from the top down do not want female collegues. They need to be dragged screaming into the 21st century and that means heads at the top must roll. Nothing less will make this organization a modern crime fighting, world class organization. Saturday's Record article is titled "Goodale outraged with Mounties".

No comments:

Post a Comment