This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

PUBLIC SERVICE OR PIGS AT THE TROUGH?



Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "Sun shone brightly on local six-figure earners". Our chief medical officer of health is paid $304,111 per year. Do you think that if she can be removed by regional council that she would ever offer up an opinion different than what they tell her? Our chief of police with the Waterloo Regional Police earned $266,000 per year. Similar question to him as to the chief medical officer of health. Oh and there are 550 employees of the regional police in the Sunshine Club (ie. incomes > $100,000/year).

The City of Kitchener has about 300 employees on the sunshine list whereas Cambridge has only 190 and Waterloo a trifling 88 employees.

I have a question. How many of these have totally unique skill sets that can't be found elsewhere? How many of them are paid these monies from our taxes just to make sure they mind their p's and q's and don't ever rock the boat? Don't ever, ever offer up a public opinion contrary to the mayor's or council's? My opinion is that fewer right on the $100,000 mark and most if not all above the $200,000 salary level.

No comments:

Post a Comment