This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, April 25, 2016

GOVERNMENTS DO NOT NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH




The Canadian federal government expropriated native land in 1942 for use by the Canadian Forces. It was not returned after the war. In 1995 during an occupation of the site by First Nation members, one of them, Dudley George, was shot and killed by the Ontario Provincial Police. George was unarmed. In 2007 the Ipeerwash Inquiry Commissioner Sidney Linton, called for the disputed land to be returned to the Stony Point First Nation immediately along with compensation. That occurred nine further years later and at last is back with its' rightful owners. Seventy-one years after the end of the Second World War is disgraceful and the shame lies with sucessive Canadian governments over the decades. The story is in the April 15, 2016 Waterloo Region Record and is titled "Feds, Ontario First Nation formally settle over Ipperwash".

No comments:

Post a Comment