This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, April 29, 2016

THE ODOUR AROUND THE SENATE STILL LINGERS



So Mike Duffy didn't take a bribe from Nigel Wright of the Prime Minister's Office (PMO). Always seemed odd that Duff was charged for receiving that $90,000 whereas Mr. Wright was not charged for giving it. Bizarre! A little prosecutorial or political bias perhaps? Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this article by Michael Taube titled "Duffy verdict doesn't clear Senate stench".

Indeed it doesn't. Mr. Duffy didn't break the law but he and his cohorts certainly mangled , stickhandled and contorted Senate expense rules beyond belief. Clearly when the PMO are advising Senators as to which rules they can blithly ignore, it becomes obvious that the rules are and were primarily for show. Mr. Taube indicates that some Senators acted like pigs at the trough. He also correctly points out that this may have been a fatal wound to the Senate. Don't get me wrong I hardly believe that unelected Senators "steal" taxpayers money any more gratuitously than elected politicians do. Nor do I believe that expense rules for elected politicians are any more serious or enforced than the Senate's are/were.

Politics are all about power and entitlement. It really dosen't much matter at what level that is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment