This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, May 2, 2016

CORPORATE WELFARE OR CRONY CAPITOLISM?



Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following story titled ""Corporate welfare" cited". Between 2004 and May 31, 2015 Ontario gave $2.36 Billion to corporations in Ontario. Of these 80% were "invited to apply" for the money by the government. Furthermore the respective provincial ministries doling out the funds didn't even return to the companies to determine if the jobs were created were retained. In other words zero accountability.

It ws the Auditor general, Bonnie Lysyk, who brought these expenses to the attention of the Ontario legislature. Both the NDP and the Progressive Conservatives have been asking unsucessfully in the legislature for some time as to the names and dollar amounts of the various recipients of government largesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment