This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

DISTRACTED DRIVING = HUA



The polite term is "distracted driving". My term is and has been literally for decades "HUA" which stands for Head Up Ass. Today's Waterloo Region Record Editorial is titled "We are all distracted drivers". First off that's primarily bullshit. Not much more than 55-60% of us are routinely not paying attention when we drive. If it was anymore then none of us would still be surviving after decades of driving. Secondly it's crap that suddenly now distracted driving has surmounted drunken driving as the leading cause of death on our highways. It's always been the leader but police officers etc. simply haven't marked it down on accident reports as such. It is simply so much easier now if you find a turned on cellphone at the scene of a fatal accident. There are probably the usual number of fatal accidents from drivers talking to passengers, gawking at the scenery or other accidents or simply day dreaming. The evidence of the old standby HUA driving is simply not available hence for decades police would suggest speeding among other red herrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment