This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

YET ANOTHER ARTICLE ON DISTRACTED DRIVING & TEXTING



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Ontario considers promoting safe texting zones". I'm kind of shocked at this article. Basically a private member of the Ontario legislature is promoting a Bill that would have the provincial Transport Ministry post signs on provincial highways advising drivers to hold off on their texting until the next upcoming rest stops or exits. I'm appalled doubly that members of our legislature seem to believe that Ontario drivers are that stupid in the first place and secondly that they might be right. Good Lord if we have to go so far as to post signs to get drivers to postpone their texting and receiving of messages until they are stopped then I think we have passed the point of no return. If car drivers are so suicidal and homicidal that they need to be babysat and reminded not to drive and text then I think as a species we are at long last on our way out. Human beings certainly have learned how to kill each other in great numbers and for ridiculous reasons but this latest warning suggestion is over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment