This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

CINDY WATSON SPEAKS ON BEHALF OF THE SCHOOL BOARD !



I may very well be in shock. In fact Cindy Watson in her Letter To The Editor today addresses that. She states that she has not drunk the kool-aid nor made a deal or been bribed. She knows how shocking her curent evaluation of the culture at Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) is to those of us who have paid attention over the years if not the decades. Ms. Watson has not only been my favourite current trustee for a very long time but is amongst a small, select group of trustees that I would deem as moral, ethical and honest. Interestingly two or three more were also Cambridge trustees.

According to Ms. Watson this curent board has accomplished much in the last two years. She states that the culture is changing and for the better. Finally twice she states that the majority of trustees are working hard with staff and being cooperative as well as also working hard to create a respectful culture that encourages diversity of opinion.

Ms. Watson suggests that it is not only the trustees who are improving but also the senior administration. Hallelujah to that! Senior Board Staff were the problem twenty years ago and I'd love to know when certain names retired and got the hell out of their little fiefdoms. It makes me believe that it's not the institutions, it's the amoral individuals who pervert them for their own self-interest.

I am happy for Cindy Watson to finally be soaring with eagles rather than working with turkeys. I am curious however as to the negative comments from certain trustees that have been quoted lately in the Record. Are those trustees the old guard? Are they the minority versus the majority that Ms. Watson is talking about? While undiplomatic, names would have been helpful. Also I'm still concerned about the recent survey filled out by seven of the nine trustees expressing serious concerns with the Board's ability to work together. Somebody is still gilding the lily a little bit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment