This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

PROVINCIAL POLITICS




Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Opinion article titled "Parents of children with autism will not be pushed around again", written by Luisa D'Amato. While the basic story is as the title indicates in regards to the Province of Ontario government coming to their senses and continuing support and aid to children with autism past the age of five, I am somewhat more interested in a single sentence in the story on another topic. Prior to that however I do have a comment regarding autism. Similar to the epidemic of children with allergies over the last several decades, autism has been attributed by some as a human side effect of various chemicals that have become ubiquitous in the environment. Obviously I am referring to industrial contaminants that our various levels of government have expressed concern over and then done mot much more about them. It seems more than just a tad hypocritical for governments to turn a blind eye to pollution, both minor and severe, and as well attempt to turn a blind eye to their responsibility to the victims of same.

The single sentence in Luisa D'Amato's Opinion article that caught my eye is the following: "A plan to change the rules of election financing, which had been rife with conflicts of interest, was another.". Wow' Is Luisa referring to Bill 201 which is currently at the Committee Stage and in fact hearings are scheduled for the third week of July in Kitchener-Waterloo? Whether she's referring to the Municipal Election or even the Provincial one, her comment is astounding. Indeed here in Woolwich Township the entire process is inherently corrupted as it is riddled with multiple conflicts of interest. Whether the province have really any interest in correcting those failings I find unlikely. Nevertheless we will both follow the process and participate in it where we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment