This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

TEACHER HIRING PROCESS IS PROBLEMATIC



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Letter to the Editor titled "Ontario must do more to boost number of male teachers". Well gender parity is indeed a large part of theis Letter nevertheless what caught my eye was the claim that the hiring of teachers is rife with nepotism. Well, well, well. Is it difficult to believe that with the disgrace of education in this province that that would not also include cheating in hiring. Oops nepotism is such a nicer sounding word. I've long known that lawyers and doctors children have a greater chance of becoming lawyers and doctors than others and indeed I've noticed a few teachers who's children al;so become teachers. Possibly in my naivite I thought that was simply the result of teachers kids seeing the great money, holidays and benefits so they knew early on where they wanted to work.

According to the author of this Letter to the Editor, Dennis D'Alessandro, it's much more blatant than that. "For many decades I have observed that the sons and daughters of directors, board members, superintendents, principal, vice-principals, consultants, trustees and department heads have a decided advantage if they choose to become a teacher." Wow! That's not exactly a subtle comment. Well if the School Board and entire Education System were honest and above board in all other matters I would be skeptical. As they aren't I find this Letter unfortunately to be credible.

No comments:

Post a Comment