This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

WOW AND NOW OUR LOCAL CATHOLIC SCHOOL BOARD GETS HAMMERED



It's been a great week for parents and children in that both our local school boards here in Waterloo Region have taken a beating in the media. While I'm confident saying that the Waterloo Region District School Board need and should have received their beating on a weekly basis, I'm less sure in regards to the separate Catholic Board. That said this is in no way to imply that former Janek Jagiellowicz criticisms are inaccurate. Boy does he lay into the Catholic Board in his letter to the editor in yesterday's Waterloo Region Record. The title of his letter is "Education Act needs to be changed".

Mr. J refers to the Boards's "doublespeak and outright misrepresentation" and further states that the "school boards are self-serving, broken at the core and do not fundamentally care about the parents or the children.". Wow I give him credit as a former trustee for coming forward ands only wish other trustees would do the same. Somewhat along the lines of Cindy Watson at the WRDSB. Mr. J's bottom line seems to be that the Education Act has to be changed to allow non-teachers to run school boards. He refers to these former teachers on the board as "ex-teachers who have a cushy job without accountability.".

No comments:

Post a Comment