This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

CORRECTIONAL SERVICE CANADA (CSC) AT IT AGAIN



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following story titled "Jails blacked out parts of death reports". First of all forcing family members to go through acess to information laws in order to get information on loved ones who have died behind bars is outrageous. Is Canada and the CSC determined to prove that we are living in a third world country/non-democracy? Why do they think that family members have to beg for information on their incarcerated and now deceased close relatives?

It turns out that when families do get these death reports they are often redacted ie. significant parts blacked out. Wow! These reports are solely for inmates who have died by other than old age or well diagnosed diseases. They include homicide, suicide and misadventure. Canada's federal prison Ombudsman has taken CSC to task both for the redactions as well as for their lack of compassion when dealing with grieving families. Quite frankly Canada I grow more and more ashamed of you year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment