This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

REGION OF WATERLOO CONVICTED AGAIN



Very strange. This is twice now that I am aware of that the Region of Waterloo have been charged and convicted of an offence by a provincial Ministry. The first was several years ago and had to do with untreated water being put into the distribution system in Cambridge. These charges were by the Ontario Ministry of Environment. This time it is the Ontario Ministry of Labour who laid charges against the Region for failing to advise workers and supervisers regarding the presence of asbestos in the William St. pumphouse in Waterloo. Interesting that both occasions were in an area that presumably the Ministry of Environment have business with and access to. While there is no argument as to the potential seriousness of contact with asbestos nevertheless I'm left wondering if possibly the Ontario M.O.E. have a beef with the Region of Waterloo. While I've long had complaints with the Region's lack of forthrightness with the public regarding drinking water issues caused by industry nevertheless in my mind there is no comparison between the two when it comes to honesty and integrity. The region are miles ahead of the M.O.E.. The title of the article in the Waterloo Region Record is ``Region fined after workers exposed to asbestos``.

No comments:

Post a Comment