This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, January 27, 2017

TWO CONFIRMATIONS OF MY APPLICATION TO DATE



Well so far so good. To date I've received one confirmation of my Application to be a member of the Police Services Board from the Regional Clerk and very recently a second one from a staff person to the Board. This I view as being professional, courteous and appropriate. Back on January 9/17 I posted here about having read a Record article describing this position being open due to the resignation of Jim Wideman. Over the years my impression of this Board and its' activities has not been very good. That said I will admit that it doesn't seem to get much coverage from the local media with the exception of the Sue Foxton alleged incident with a Regional Police Officer. My impression has long been that this Board, other than discussing the annual Police budget, really aren't all that involved. I would be interested in exploring exactly what the province has mandated in legislation is the purpose, mandate, authority and legitimate areas of concern that this Board may get involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment