This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, February 6, 2017

ONTARIO NURSING HOMES



I wonder if anyone has the real statistics of seniors injured or killed directly or indirectly in seniors homes in Ontario. Who keeps track of attacks and assaults and does the data go to the provincial government or not. Finally how does the provincial government if they do receive data know how accurate it is? I wonder if my father's problems in a Kitchener nursing home nearly thirty years ago ever ended up on the government's radar much less in their files.

Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carried the following article titled "Nursing home resident badly beaten in Hamilton". An 85 year old male resident in a Hamilton nursing home was badly beaten while sleeping. He ended up in hospital and the picture of his face tells the tale. It's a mess. I expect that unless the family raises a stink as this one did and I did thirty years ago that neither the police or government ever hear about it from the nursing home. This is yet one more shame and embarassment among many in this province and people are dying because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment