This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

TODDLER EJECTED FROM VEHICLE AFTER O.P.P. INTENTIONALLY RAMMED IT AT HIGH SPEED



So at the start of the incident when the father took off at a high rate of speed the Waterloo Regional police officer did not pursue based upon "concerns for the well being of the child". Then approximately an hour and a half later an O.P.P. officer intentionally rammed the back of the speeding vehicle because "the threat of immediate bodily harm or death to the abducted child in the vehicle outweighed the risk to public safety.". The same Crown Prosecutor gave these two conflicting arguments in Court yesterday.

After reading the whole story I can understand the level of fear and concern for the child. That said the father while clearly behaving aggressively and erratically did not have convictions for murder, kidnap etc.. I'm somewhat aghast that ramming a vehicle at high speed from behind was the best way to stop the vehicle, protect the child and minimize harm to the public using the highway. That vehicle did not have a thousand miles of clear highway before it. It had a border with the U.S. coming up in the sights with several opportunities to deal with it at lower speeds. The SUV also at high speeds (160 km/h) was going to run out of gas sooner not later. Please tell me that cowboys on the scene did not make the decision on their own to ram this fleeing vehicle. The title of the story in today's Waterloo Region Record is "Toddler ejected from SUV during chase".

No comments:

Post a Comment