This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, March 24, 2017

SO WHAT EXACTLY IS THE POLICE CHASE POLICY?



A young woman is dead. A police officer chasing the suspect is exonerated. The driver being chased is sentenced to eight years in jail. Whether sentenced to eight months or eight years the young woman is just as dead. While the driver pled guilty to multiple charges including criminal negligence causing death; the question remains. Would he have been driving as fast and as recklessly if he wasn't being pursued by an O.P.P. officer right up till the moment he lost control of his vehicle, killing the innocent by-stander?

I would like to know what exactly is police chase policy. At what point in either other traffic, speed or location is a police officer legally required to end the pursuit? Or is this policy simply a vague, subjective one such as it's the officer's discretion to stop when he realizes that the fleeing individual is possibly going to cause an accident with injuries or death.

The story in today's Waterloo Region Record is titled "Officer cleared in crash that killed U of G grad".

No comments:

Post a Comment