This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

MORE ON SEGREGATION IN ONTARIO JAILS



Howard Sapers has been a spokesperson on behalf of inmates for a very long time. Currently he is Ontario's adviser for corrections reform. He is calling for an end to indefinite segregation of inmates plus with no more than 15 continuous days and no more than 60 days in any given year. Finally it should not be used for protective custody and in fact should only be used rarely or in exceptional circumstances. His concern is the normalization and routine use of isolation or segregation. Allegedly the provincial government will be introducing new legislation in the fall with among other things a clearer definition of segregation. This article was in last Friday's Waterloo Region Record and titkled "Ontario's corrections adviser urges an end to indefinite segregation".

No comments:

Post a Comment