This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE SCREW UP AGAIN



My first question is why didn't the Crown throw out the charges? Were they pushing to expand the boundaries and maybe get a precedent allowing them easier convictions in the future? This seems especially gratuitous when one realizes how recently another drunk driving case was tossed by a Judge based upon our police violating a citizen's rights.

Roadside breathalyzers can only be applied 15 to 20 minutes after a driver's last drink of alcohol. The reason is they are designed to determine approximately a driver's blood alcohol level. Within 15 to 20 minutes of the last drink there is still residual mouth alcohol which can artificially increase the blood alcohol reading . In this most recent case the police officer knowing the time frame nevertheless ordered the roadside test to be taken prematurely. The Judge later stated that based on the knowingly inaccurate test the citizen was unlawfully arrested and unlawfully compelled to provide two breathe samples at the police station.

The other drunk driving case that got tossed was last month in Kitchener. In that case the driver was refused information that his father had arranged a lawyer for him. The police officer also did not know if his breathalyzer had been recently calibrated as required by law. hence again the Judge ruled that the citizenwas unlawfully arrested and unlawfully detained.

As if the Waterloo Regional Police don't have enough problems you'd think they would be more careful about routine drunk driving arrests. Apparently rules as in LAWS are to be stickhandled around for some of them. Or is it simple incompetence? Is the training inadequate or is it the original hiring in the first place? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The corollary however is: If it is broken then fix it and fix it now! I guess when you are primarily unaccountable and non-transparent you can play these legal games and win most of the time. Every now and then however you get caught. Way past time to fix what ails our local police force. The story in the waterloo region record is titled "Breathalyzer tests tossed by judges".

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing a drunk driver got off his charge wow n my son got arrested for being drunk in public place 15 minutes after dropping him off to meet his girlfriend after he worked all day he wanted me to drop him off hiland hills mall no were do they serve alcohol in the mall I said to officer n he dont drink so I demanded a breathe test when I got to police station witch they refused to do and hadn't bothered to go but unlawfully arrested n raped my son cause a officer said he smelled alcohol on his breathe a officer who hates my son n his causing as well as a officer who didn't do his homework my son doesn't drink wow was I pissed n told the desk Sargent the smell if alcohol must been bouncing off the officer cause my Don doesn't drink neither do I so I threatened to sue but instead settled for my son to be released with out breing charged not like they could have made it stick cause they failed to give him breathe test and once I told the sargent my Don and I don't drink they refused to do a breathe test cause they knew they could been suited .Yep I'd say there's alot wrong with our justice system when poor have to put up with being harassed assaulted punched by s officer in head accused being drunk and nit even a apology only poor have to put up with it seems rich people with lawyers get off on charges but when poor inocent people get arrested n assaulted or even some cases shot or murdered by police the police beat the charges what a justice system we have in kitchener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom line is my daughter got a dui had pay fine insurance went up had take course had get key blower for car she got her ticket leaving parking lot at stampede maybe she could beat the charge knowing this 25 min rule but being a honest lady plead guilty Doesn't surprise me drunks still beating charges I have a friend payed lawyer $10.000 to get his charge withdrawn my how the rich keep getting off still openly amazes me but doesn't surprise me when my son became of age to drink he gat arrested for drunk in public place October fest club he took the designated school bus trip to kitchener had 1 drink and a kitchener cop told him he was under arrest while there were thousands drunk what's harassment unlawfull arrest just goes to show u having a last name that police know well and predjuducly prey on with total regards for human rights is proof of unlawful arrest .it amazes me how police can drive past Crack dealers method dealers prostitutes drunk people N walk up to a sober person and arrest him just cause he doesn't like ones family or causins in our case One has to wonder if police know Canadian shave human rights or is it just for rich people who can afford lawyers or maybe human rights isn't part of there training one has to wonder especially when you read police shot and killed some one and s I u is investigating it's clearly not safe to walk the streets anymore alone if criminals don't shoot you the police may makes one hesitant to walk alone when you got police getting away with murder

    ReplyDelete